Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A Cold Summer

Summer's have always been far worse for me than winter. The extreme's of inside and outside just kill me.

Over the weekend, I went to see my sister. Mom drove the fun 40 minutes away, mostly  through country roads. It was nice to sit back in the passenger seat and just take in the view. On the way back home, we planned to stop at the grocery store. It was mid afternoon and almost 80 degrees. I'm already thinking if we think 80 is hot, we're really in for it when we hit the triple digits. My mom is always more warm blooded than I am. I was snuggled on the couch at my sisters, I was cuddled in a blanket. The AC was on high in the car for the drive to the grocery store. I usually try to balance it by putting the window down to get some heat. I was tired from my couch cuddling and didn't think about it. By the time we got to the grocery store, my bones were frozen stiff. I could barely walk. My mom couldn't really understand how it happened so fast. Mom and the cart took off in the store while I hobbled behind. It was so hard to walk. I haven't been the same since. I'm still pretty stiff. 

I had to come home from work early today because I was so stiff and achy. Thank goodness for couches and blankets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment