Friday, May 22, 2015

Constant Pain Makes Me Feel Weak

What do you do when your pain level feels like it's at it's worst and you just cannot push yourself anymore? No, really, it's a question. I've been having more and more days when I feel like I just can't take anymore pain. For so many years I have been able to put on a fake face and push through the pain. I can't hide it anymore. For that matter, I am getting to the point where I just can't take it anymore.

My pain is intolerable. I have so much pressure at work to be there. I get so scared what life could be like a year from now. If things keep progressing like they are, what will I do?

Most days, I could literally just stay in bed all day. I can't remember the last time I had a pain free day. The last time I saw my therapist, she asked me how my pain was. I told her it was about a level 8. She just looked at me funny. She suggested trying "mindfulness" . She said instead of letting my head go to a bad place, just think about that moment. Right now, I'm trying so hard to do that. The pain talks on its own. I can't focus on anything else right now but the gnawing pain in my legs, especially my knees.

Today is Friday, and it's a 3 day weekend. Most people look forward to times like this to leave town or do something fun. I look forward to sleeping or just resting.

11 more days until I start Remicade. I had been so scared to start it, not knowing how it would make me feel. Now, I just can't wait. I need for this to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment