Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Sleep Study

Waking up to someone next to you watching you sleep is one thing. A monitored sleep study, and one that is 2 days is a whole other story.

I think my doc was tired of hearing me complain about my fatigue. I've always attributed my fatigue to RA. I still do. But, doc wanted to make sure nothing else was going on since I was falling asleep driving home.

I've been on prednisone for 2 weeks now and the fatigue isn't like it was. Prednisone has always made me hyper or just helped increase my energy.

I checked in for the sleep study yesterday before 7pm. They had wires all over my head and face, even one on each leg. Surprisingly, it didn't really bother me when it came time to sleep. I slept through the night fine. But, I had to stay all day today for the second portion. When I woke up, I was to have breakfast and could either read or watch tv for 1.5-2hrs, then take a 20 minute nap. We did this process until a little after 4pm. I felt so dirty and cranky from being in one room all day. My legs were stiff from laying there. I tried stretching, but it didn't help much.

I'm so glad it's over and I get to sleep in my own bed tonight, without anyone watching me. Now, I sit and wait for results.

But, good news, I did get a email from my rheumy saying Remicade was finally approved by insurance. I can start my infusion therapy soon. Hopefully, that means I can start weaning off the roids.

No comments:

Post a Comment