Wednesday, April 29, 2015

I Am That Girl

I'm not a trend setter when it comes to fashion. I do enjoy dressing up. But, wearing cute shoes is something of the past because of my oh so sensitive arches. I tend to dress for comfort, and that usually makes me feel better. I know if I leave the house in jeans, I won't be comfortable. I need to be able to flex my knee around for comfort. Skinny jeans sometimes don't allow that, but they do look fantastic on. I've known that I dress for comfort, but it was recently  brought up and made me feel like I could be dressing sloppy. A few weeks ago, I went into Starbucks. It must be their job to try to remember your name AND your order. I don't go to this Starbucks on a regular basis, but they seem to know me. I was dressed in skinny jeans and boots with a baby heel. I had on earrings and a cute scarf. One of the girls made a comment about how I always come in before/after the gym. I didn't tell her the gym is not a place I frequent. Gym clothes(ie, yoga pants) are just more comfortable. I know she didn't mean anything by it, but at that moment it made me feel like I always walk around in PJ's. I love yoga pants. They are the next best thing to sweats. Especially if you're flaring. Omg, or when I have fibro pain and it hurts to touch my skin. Soft yoga pants are the best. Yoga pants get a bad rap. They're not considered "fashionable" or may even sometimes not appropriate. They're the lazy outfit for most, the one's not frequenting the gym. Maybe I should through in some earrings with my yoga pants next time and see if that makes a difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment