Saturday, May 23, 2015

Cake

I had heard mixed reviews for the movie, Cake. The movie is about a gal with chronic pain. Of course, living this life myself I knew I had to see it. I love Jennifer Aniston. And, I have to give her a lot of credit for this movie. It's not something I would have pictured her in. She did really well. But, I was a little disappointed in how they portrayed a person with chronic pain. It made me feel like they focused so much on her pill popping. It made her look like a drug seeker when she went to the doctor. Even when she went to someone's house, searching through their medicine cabinet. MOST people with chronic pain are not like this. I know that I am not. I am acutely aware of how many pain pills I take, how often I take them and don't abuse them in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment