Thursday, May 7, 2015

Handicap Placard

We've all heard the phrase "but, you don't look sick".

I seem to get the dirtiest looks when I use my handicap placard. It really bothers me sometimes. Almost to the point of wanting to park further away. But, then, I will be the one to pay for it. It hurts to walk most days. Most days you'll see me hobbling around. Apparently, that doesn't cut it for onlookers. They give this look, like "what's wrong with you". Sometimes, I even wait for someone to say it, so I can say the same thing back to them.

People with disabilities, even the invisible ones shouldn't feel guilty to use their placard. Having one only means your doctor has said that it would benefit you to NOT walk 2 miles through a parking lot.

There are so many people that DO abuse placards. My guess is that it's not theirs. I've had my proof of placard paperwork checked many times. Just because I'm not 90 years old doesn't mean that I don't need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment