Saturday, May 16, 2015

Spoons

I often try to explain the spoon theory to people. Most of the time, I can't get someone to listen to the entire story. A lot of the time, I lose them after 10 seconds and they're just nodding. If I do get to finish the story, they usually don't get it.

I have always literally jumped or skipped as soon as I have a good day. Now that I'm older, I know that I have to use the good day energy sparingly. Last week was a pretty bad flare, it even took me to a bad place mentally. After just a couple doses of prednisone, I felt more alive and less stiff. I wanted to do more at work and at home. But, I know better. I took the day off work yesterday and even napped.

Today, I went to my sisters softball game. Of course having to get up and down a lot because bleachers are NOT comfortable to sit on. The game went pretty fast. I came home and decided to rent movies and relax the rest of the day. I have planned for months to take my sister and her friends to a concert tomorrow. I know that I'll be on my feet all day, so my current resting is to save my spoons.

Even with the resting, I do expect tomorrow's long day to have some affect. I plan to wear real shoes instead of flip flops so help my feet. And, I'll probably go into work just a little bit later on Monday.

All the planning is necessary. To think ahead and know how to handle your spoons makes a huge deal. If I don't do that, then I probably would overdraw my spoons.


No comments:

Post a Comment