Sunday, April 5, 2015

Fun Has It's Price

Last weekend I went to a "Heart and Stroke ball" put on by the American Heart Association. I was invited because I work in heart transplant. It's amazing to hear peoples stories and how far they have come because of research. Technology has changed so much over the years. It was amazing to hear how much money they raised, it  truly is a great cause.

 I was excited to have been invited because of my field of work, but also because it was a "ball" and I got to dress up. The couple weeks leading up to it was difficult, finding the extra energy to shop for a ball gown and shoes. Getting nails done, hair done. Yes, it was all for a fun night, but it later took its toll on me. The night itself was good, I felt well. Having not worn heels in so long because of my RA, I didn't think about how much this would hurt my feet. There was a lot of standing. Luckily, I was smart enough to valet my car at the event and not park in the parking garage a few blocks away. Sometimes, the extra price is totally worth it.

I rested the next day, but ended up getting a migraine that lasted for 4 days. I had to call in sick to work on Monday because I was so nauseous. People don't realize how much a migraine takes out of you. It knocks my body down. I can't focus, I can't eat, it is completely debilitating. I really think it's because I was pushing my body so much to get so many things done just for one night of fun. One night of "normalcy".




No comments:

Post a Comment