Sunday, April 5, 2015

Third Opinion On My Knee

This past week, I saw another orthopedic doc. I was really starting to get frustrated that my doc that did my surgery last year just wants to keep injecting me with cortisone, even after I say it doesn't really help. I wanted another opinion. If this is how I'm going to live the rest of my life, in pain and not able to stand or walk for long without pain...then I needed someone else to confirm that.

This new doc was really straight forward. Which I love and really appreciate. He actually had a different diagnosis altogether. He says the pain that I'm feeling now is actually called "jumpers knee". It has to do with my patella having some tendinitis around it. But, not inflammatory tendinitis, more degenerative. He's going to send me to physical therapy. Not a injection, not surgery. But, someone to hopefully alleviate the pain and fix the problem. I read a little about it, and it's common for people with knock-knee, which I have. And, knock-knee is common for people with JRA, which I was diagnosed with.


No comments:

Post a Comment