Thursday, October 16, 2014

Sticks And Stones

I'm pretty open about my RA, sharing my symptoms, flares and I'm sure it often sounds like a pity party. I share on social media for several reasons. One, it's MY outlet. Second, I have friends, family and fellow RA'ers that actually do support me. And lastly, I share to educate. I want other people to know what I go through. That's it's not just a "old person's" disease.

This past week, as on here, I have talked about this most recent flare on Facebook. Here's my actual post:

 So.Much.Pain. Make it stop. Seriously. RA can kiss my big manicured pink toe.


Soon after that, a friend of mine posts about her fibromyalgia and how the pain is all mental. She says she can push through it all if she just tells herself to. Everyone was praising her and congratulating her. I commented and asked about her symptoms and meds. It just stung because she made me feel like I've given up. I can't control RA pain. Believe me, if I could, I would! And fibro isn't autoimmune, so the fight is a little different. I'm not trying to one-up her, I'm just still hurt that someone would think RA pain is so simple. Especially when she's seen me when I can't move my hands, You can't push through that.


No comments:

Post a Comment