Friday, September 5, 2014

Desperato

Have you ever been in so much pain that you can't think straight?

I stopped taking my Norco because it just wasn't doing anything besides putting me to sleep. My knees ache so bad, I just want to cry. There's no other way to describe the pain. The left knee is awful. And, it's constant.

Two weeks ago, I had a cortisone shot. No relief. Yesterday, I saw the doc again, we're going to start a new "therapy". It's called viscosupplementation. It's a gel injection for the knee, basically to give more cushion inside. The medication was ordered today. I started researching, it sounds like a lot of people benefit from it. I really hope this helps. I do NOT want to have another surgery, especially this year.

It's so hot outside, and I'm bundled in blankets. The joys of RA/OA!! This is the biggest pity party I've had in awhile. I wish more than anything I had a better support system. Sometimes, just a hug or a "I understand" means so much! I defend my symptoms or hide them, and that drives me crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment