Thursday, August 28, 2014

Rest vs Sleep

Chronic fatigue has not been easy lately. And, it hasn't been easy to explain. Depending on my mood, sometimes I feel like I need a disclaimer rubberbanded around my wrist. Other times, I wish people would just stop asking what's wrong. The feeling of being so tired and not getting enough sleep is sometimes unbearable. Waking up yawning and knowing you are JUST starting your day could bring tears to your eyes. I truly know this. I swallow these tears often.

Its difficult working full time(while having to commute) and dealing with fatigue. I try to nap on the weekends to catch up on sleep. Most often, I find I'm still sleepy. Recently, I experimented with myself. I reduced my work hours to allow to take care of myself properly. When I napped, I still felt very tired. If I would just lay in bed and rest or meditate I would actually feel more rested. It seemed a little strange to me. I really thought sleep would be the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment