Saturday, August 16, 2014

Set backs

We always try to take steps forward with our disease. RA is a progressive disease, and any set back is a complete let down.

I recently had to hold my medication for my gallbladder surgery. This was to prevent infection. Some medication prevent healing. I waiting about 2 1/2 weeks AFTER surgery to restart my methotrexate.

Yesterday was 5 weeks post surgery. I now have a infection. Albeit, just in the belly button, doesn't look like it's deep in the belly. My body is completely worn down, I'm sure because it's recovering from fighting this little infection. AND, I have to skip my methotrexate injection because I have a active infection.

Sometimes the most difficult, besides the set backs, is the lack of support or understanding. I don't think people realize that it is harder for someone with a autoimmune disease to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment