Sunday, April 1, 2012

The fog has finally lifted

I know to expect side effects from medications. The past few weeks just was more than I had expected. I feel like I've been in a complete fog. Lyrica is now on my "I refuse to take list". The headaches and nausea were awful. It's so hard to try to go about your day when you feel like crap. I think the absolute worst is when you cannot think or comprehend when someone is talking to you. I imagine this is what feeling like a nutcase is like. I felt like a complete lunatic not being able to process my thoughts or forgetting the simpliest things. It made my fatigue twice as bad. 12 hours of sleep felt like a nap, it was just awful. In the midst of going through my "crazy fit", I started Enbrel. I've never injected myself before this. I thought it would be much more difficult. The injection itself is the easy part. The medication going in, well, saying that it burns a little would be an understatement. But, the benefits are way worth it.  Friday was my second injection, and also day 4 of being off of Lyrica. I think yesterday was my first real day of feeling "good". No pain, no Lyrica yuckiness. I think I'm finally going down a better road.

No comments:

Post a Comment