Wednesday, February 29, 2012

No more rain

I'm having a complete pity party today. I'm beyond tired from working nearly 12 hours a day. To top it off, my RA started acting up yesterday. It rained all through the night, I didn't sleep much because I swear it felt like someone was chewing on my shoulder bone. The pain was awful. It's times like that I wish I could take pain meds. During the day, the fatigue was hard to fight. I put on my "brave face" at work and pushed through it. Finishing at about 13 hours today. I just feel like I'm going to crash and burn. I can't keep working at this pace. Especially when I'm hurting. I was hoping to take part of tomorrow off, but I have a patient I need to take care of. I would love to take a day off work and just sleep. My days off are usually spent catching up with family or doing laundry. Which, speaking of, I really need to do. I had a near melt down during the day today. We had patients nonstop all afternoon. I take advantage of any down time. There was a brief break, so I ran to the bathroom. My sore, weak hands were trying to grab toilet paper out of a dispenser that was made for a non-arthritis person fought me. I pulled, and was given a square. Pulled again, one more square. It was quite the challenge. Sadly, the grabbing part is what bothered me. It's supposed to rain again tomorrow. I just feel broken. I need energy. Bedtime now, alarm is set for 4am....so we can attempt this charade all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment