Tuesday, June 9, 2015

But I Don't Look Sick...

The worst is when you're fighting a flare and you feel alone. Feeling like you have to justify the pain because you don't "look sick".  My family sometimes makes comments that make me think I'm faking it. Lately, I have tried to explain that I am faking it. For years, I have faked feeling well. People with a chronic illness want to feel "normal", and often downplay pain. I know that I have done that up to the past year, when I realized that I could no longer mask the pain.

Today, my sister put all this stuff on facebook about me being a freeloader. Yes, I live with my family. But, I do everything I can to help out. Mostly, monetarily. It just angers me because she has no clue what I'm going through. My doctor took me off work for 6 weeks while I receive my Remicade infusions. I still have daily pain. I can't walk much without having to rest or even take a nap. I feel like I'm at the end of my road. Other people were responding to the post she made, not one person having any compassion for what I'm going through.

I have my little sister, that's 15, helping me since she's out for summer break. Together, we cleaned the house and made dinner. The laundry is nearly done. But, my other sister doesn't see that.

People don't need to feel sorry for me, but don't make me feel like I need to defend myself. Or, that I need to show you my pain. It is real. I wish I didn't have RA. Do you know how much I wish I could run? I'm jealous of people that can run.

No comments:

Post a Comment