Sunday, January 4, 2015

MTX stomach is the new morning sickness

I saw the new rheumy on Christmas Eve. It's like starting from scratch ALL OVER AGAIN. By the day of my appointment, I had been off of all RA meds since insurance denied the Xelanz. New Doc re-started the methotrexate, injectable. I had been on it before, but it was stopped to see if that was causing my extreme fatigue. I did my first injection that evening after seeing her. A couple days later, the nausea hit me. My stomach didn't even want water. I had the same reaction before with methotrexate, but with the pills. I've since started taking omeprazole in the morning, and the nausea is a little better.

I was able to go with my family to the snow on Friday. This was only my 3rd time ever seeing snow. I've always had trouble going to places with cold temperatures. I even pushed myself a little and went on a tube down a hill. I mostly took in the view and got some great pics. I wasn't able to feel my hands though after about an hour, almost completely numb. The experience was worth it though.

One of my friends invited me over for her husbands Birthday yesterday. I told her I would try. After taking my sister to get her hair done, I was wiped out. I really hope that deep down people do understand. I want to do more, and see friends. Most days, I am so tired that I really do need to rest. It's frustrating though, it's like waiting to get better. But, you never know if you're going to.

I don't want to live with my family forever. I'm 37 years old and scared to live on my own because some days, I need help with the simple things. I never thought I would have to depend on someone else to always cook for me, or bring food to me in bed because I can't get out of bed. I want more than anything to be a "normal" person my age.

Right now, my knees are screaming at me. Not full force, but I can hear them none the less. It's a tolerable pain if I'm in bed. If I bear all my weight on my knees for more than a few minutes, it gets bad. I had a difficult time in church today, I felt like I weight 500 pounds. You really feel the weight that you carry-on your knee joints.




No comments:

Post a Comment