Saturday, June 14, 2014

Common Misconceptions

"It's Summer, you should be feeling SOOOO much better now". No, unfortunately, RA isn't controlled by seasons. I wish it could be controlled by something though! When I was younger, summertime was the WORST. Living in California, we get triple digit weather, I always wanted to just dip my legs into a pool. RA'rs know what happens when you go from extreme heat to extreme cold. PAIN! Needless to say, I never learned how to swim!

The same happens when you turn on the air conditioning. Yes, it cools me down. But, after a little while, it starts to make me ache. When I drive in my car, I have on the AC and the windows down. I'm sure to "normal" people it doesn't make sense. To me, it's my balance. I wear sweaters a lot in the summer because of the AC. I'm sure people look at me strangely, but I honestly don't care. I need to be comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment